Sunday, September 16, 2012

Autumn With a Twist



































A few months ago 6 people (plus me) with the Mailblocks Yahoo group participated in an Autumn with a Twist swap. We were to make 1- twelve inch block, 2 - six inch blocks and 4 - 3 inch blocks for each particpant in fall colors with a cream background.  My blocks are as above - 12 inch Sister's Choice, 6 inch posy and 3 inch bow ties. I used a couple of my own sets to assemble the top.

And, now I have an assembled top but I think I will add 6 inch maple leaf blocks down each side and then call it a lap quilt.  So far, I love it.




Linking up at Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.  and Linky Party Tuesday at Freemotion by the River. 




3 comments:

Cathy Tomm said...

Looks like it was a fun block exchange to do. I love the flowers with a twist.

Cyn said...

Looks great. I really like the blocks you made. Nice colors, too.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Neat block exchange and lap quilt! Your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday