Monday, May 30, 2011

The Rest of the Story...

The "Once Upon a Time" quilt for the grandkids is now finished. I just did a simple "stitch in the ditch" to quilt it.


It will go in our pop-up camper so we can unfold it and tell stories when we are bored. Follow along a path between pictures and who knows what you will find or what will be part of your story. Skeletons, eyeballs...


...castles and princesses...

Or we may blast off into outer space, encounter a witch, be scared by ghosts, play a game of baseball or get bit by spiders...

And the back is some "Where the Wild Things Are" fabric I've been saving for just the right project.

I woke up a couple of days ago with a strange neuropathy - tingling and the feeling of pins and needles in my arms and hands and feet. I got out of bed and my knees buckled and I fell. The feeling is still here today. It takes a lot of thought to use my fine motor skills to even type this. I thought it might be due to cough syrup I started taking but did without yesterday and symptoms still persist today so I'm back to taking it again. I tried pulling weeds today since the rains have finally stopped but fell twice and it's hard to pull weeds when your fingers are on pins and needles. I'm making an appointment tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy I LOVE the way it turned out! The Grand kids will enjoy spending many hours telling stories with that quilt :-) Terri
P.S. I hope you get checked out and everything is O.K. That sounds scary.