Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stitching the Bird

I saw this motif in one of my embroidery books and thought it would be right for this block. I just thought she was cute hanging on to the daisy upside down. But now that I look at it I wonder if maybe the bird should have been right side up and the daisy upside down. Hmmm, well, it's there to stay now. This is Nicki's block for the "For the Birds" RR.

Here's a more detailed pic of the bird whic I did mostly in stem stitch using two strands of DMC sometimes in different colors and other times just one color. 4 different colors of blue were used all together.

Since someone dropped out of the RR we decided we would all work on a joint block for each person from here on in. I chose this one which is more of a fantasy bird block. Nicki had the lace motif already on the block. I'm not good at dressing up motifs so left that for someone else to do. Instead I added a few fantasy flowers and birds.

No comments: