This is the last block I had to work on in an Encrusted RR. This is Deb's block. I started by adding a silk ribbon fan on top of some lace that was already there. Then I added a crochet heart and put a silk ribbon rose on top of that. Then there was still a little blank space in this section next to a basket I think Peggy Sue added and that buttonhole stitched seam someone else stitched so I added some "kiko flower stitch" flowers in that little spot with some heart buttons and beads to the right of that. If the crochet on the heart appears a little weird...well, when I uploaded pics from my camera I noticed a big gray blob on it. It was a big glob of fuzz like what I just cleaned out of the bobbin case of my sewing machine. I didn't want to take pic all over again so tried to use a clone tool in Adobe Photoshop Elements to take fuzz blob off. And, since I never know what I'm doing when in Elements...well, if the crochet looks a little funny you know the rest of the story.
And this little corner in the upper right needed something too so I added some roses and french knots and a meandering seam of leaves and bullions which helped to anchor a spider web that was already added by a previous stitcher.
And then I stitched hearts along a seam and they just seemed so blah so I added some heart buttons in the middle and they still seemed so blah, blah so I covered them all up with some variegated dmc french knots. So now they are not blah...they are just knotty. And finally...I added a crocheted basket with some bullion and cast on stitch flowers and leaves.
And, here 'tis the whole crusty block after 4 persons had their way with it.