Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Every year I make towels and potholders for stocking stuffers for the family. This year I decorated flour sack dishtowels with fabric and rickrack and made 16-patch potholders. The mushroom set is for my daughter and her husband since they are avid mushroom hunters. The rooster set is for my sister.

The cat set is for my son and his girlfriend since they love cats and the wine set is for my husband, a wine maker.

The Irish set is for my nephew and wife and the purple set is for a friend who loves all things purple.

And the snowmen set is for my other son and his girlfriend since his girlfriend likes snowmen.

I also made a rooster themed table runner for my sister ...

And a purple themed table runner for my friend.

And this is a gumdrop pillow made from an Amy Butler gumdrop pattern.  It is 24" version and makes a great footstool. (I know since I made one for myself). I found the upholstery fabric at the thrift store and it cost a whole $2.45. This will be for my son and girlfriend.

Another Amy Butler gumdrop pillow. This is for my other son and girfriend. And, again, it is from upholstery fabric purchased from the thrift store for a whopping $1.95.

No comments: