This is my work on Meg's block from the Bees, Butterflies and Beetles RR. Her fabric here had so many beautiful butterflies on it that I couldn't cover any of them up so I found a blank space and added a silk ribbon and here and there a few french knot bees. For the seam treatment I used some silk embroidery thread and beeds to make a few butterflies.
Moving on around the block I added some tatted butterflies with beaded bodies. And after I added the purple ones to the purple patch they didn't appear to stand out too much so I did a pink running stitch through their wings. I didn't tack their wings and feelers down. On another part of the block I did raised leaf stitch and added a stumpwork lady beetle. The Japanese beetle amongst the fern stitch kind of blends into the background.
This is Meg's block after Arlene and me.